cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appeal for help finding a stolen camera

Mahadi750
Apprentice

Hello sir

I had a Canon 750D camera which was stolen from my house. I have only the camera box and the serial number of the camera. Can you help me find the camera?

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

We're sorry for your loss, but you need to accept the following fact.

There isn't a nation or worldwide camera registry.  Your camera is gone.  Contact your insurance company or buy another.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Was the information recorded on the investigation report? Sometimes stolen objects turn up at pawn shops or online sales.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Rick is correct, "Your camera is gone." Plus it isn't a high value model so I doubt insurance will help either. I know mine would not.  😢

It's also unlikely it will show up in a pawn shop either. Go shopping for an new camera like the Rebel T8i. A much better model and now you have a good reason to buy it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

if you have an old image from the camera, you can see if a photo was uploaded from stolen camera based on exif data.

stolencamerafinder dot com

That said, if you have homeowner's insurance, your insurance policy may cover stolen items.  Check with your home insurance agent.  If you rent, this is where renter's insurance is helpful.

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"if you have an old image from the camera, you can see if a photo was uploaded from stolen camera based on exif data."

Talk about your long shot. Good luck with that one!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements