cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know the connector part number for the M50 main board keyboard connector?

bastanto
Apprentice

I'm trying to replace the main board connector for the keyboard on an EOS M50.  The connector fell off when I was removing the back frame and some pins were broken off in the process.  I was able to remove the original connector which had 8 pins on one side and 9 on the other using a heat gun and the main board solder/traces are in great shape.  Just need to get the part number for the main board connector or a pointer to where I can purchase the connector.  Any ideas on this repair or how to get the part? 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello bastanto,

If you feel comfortable manually repairing the unit yourself, you can order parts from our Parts Order Center. Bear in mind that, due to liability issues, we are unable to provide you instructions on how to conduct repairs. If you purchase a part, you assume the responsibility of replacing it.  For the price and availability of parts, please contact the Parts Order Center directly. They can be reached at (866) 481-2569, from 9 AM to 7 PM (ET) Monday to Friday. 

The Canon U.S.A., Inc. online repair portal allows you to set up service in a few simple steps if the camera needs to be sent in. The repair portal gives you the ability to set up service for multiple pieces of equipment at once, and to receive a repair estimate in the majority of cases, depending on your model and issue. The portal also allows you to upload images or videos that will assist us in repairing your product. You can also select how you wish to be notified of the progress of your repair. The portal's service history section allows you to view all services that have been performed on any of your camera or video products since January 7, 2020. 

Please follow the link below to access our online repair portal to arrange for service: 

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com/signin 

Instructions for Accessing and Using the Online Repair Portal 

You will need to access or create your My Canon Account. 

If you already have a My Canon Account and your product is already registered, simply click on the “Get Repair Services” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product. 

If you have a My Canon Account and your product is not registered, you must register your product first. Click on the “Get Repair Services” link on the left menu, then click on the “Register Product” link on the right. After your product is registered, click on the “Get Repair Service” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product. 

If you do not have a My Canon Account, you will need to create one. After you create your account, click on the “Add Product” link to register your first product. After your product is registered, click on the “Get Repair Service” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product. 

Once you have completed the repair request, you will have an opportunity to print a copy of the request for your records. This request form will also contain shipping instructions and an address label that you will attach to the outside of your shipping box when mailing your equipment for repair.  

click here to view the gallery
Announcements