cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aduio recording 6D Mark II

Lynnea1941
Contributor

I am just learning how to take movies with the 6D Mark II.  When I played back a test movie on the camera, the audio was very hard to hear.  When I opened the movie in Photoshop CC 2018, the audio was great.  I have old computer speakers so they are not anything special. 

I am confused.  Is is normal for the playback to be so low?  I thought the playback audio would be a little louder.   Just from reading, I had assumed that I would have to put a mike on the camera, but the results from my first test may be OK for my needs right now.

Any suggestion about using or not using a mike with this camera?  I was thinking about the Canon DM-E1.

Lynnea

1 REPLY 1

PLee
Enthusiast

You can adjust the playback volume from a video clip with the main dial. As to whether or not a mic would be a benefit for you, it'll depend on subject matter and intended use for the video. A basic shotgun mic on the camera's shoe would reduce ambient noise pickup from around the camera itself and funnel in more of the sounds from directly ahead. This would also allow you the same freedom to manuever the camera as needed that you now have with using the built-in mic, but it would clearly sound better.

Announcements