cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidents happen. That’s why we’ve got you covered!

Sifat
Contributor

Purchase select Canon products by July 30, 2016. Simply register your product and receive 13 months of FREE accidental damage protection from Canon. Learn more at http://canon.us/bDZVJ

1600x900_Twitter_CarePAK-PLUS_comp1.jpg

20 REPLIES 20

I did not call.  I am in email contact with Karl and Kendra and now some new person that remains nameless.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"...  we don't see any record of you having called our US-based technical support team ..."

Canon Support called me.  We talked about the printer issue for quite some time. No solution was found.  I also mentioned the problems with registering for the CarePACK and he said he would check into that also.

EB

"Once you're there, you're given the opportunity to log in to your Canon Account or skip that step. If you have a Canon Account, go ahead and log in, otherwise, just register your gear."

After taking with Canon Support, they urged me to try again. So, I tried to register my latest lens purchase.  I guess it worked but I am not positive.  That last screen just went blank after submitting.  If it did complete, it is certainly not up to the expectation of Canon.  Maybe it worked?

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I just got this..........

"Mr. Biggs,

As a valued Canon customer, we would like to thank you for your purchase and let you know that your registration has been received. As a reminder, please be sure to register all printers, cameras, and lenses individually.

If your product came with complimentary Canon CarePAK PLUS protection, which includes coverage for accidental damage, you will receive a separate confirmation email within the next 48 hours. If you would like further details about the complimentary CarePAK PLUS protection.

Welcome to the Canon family. We are confident that you will enjoy your new purchase!

Sincerely,

Canon Customer Service"

EB

Hello Ebiggs1!

We have sent you an email regarding your CarePAK PLUS registration. You should be receiving it shortly.

We hope this helps! 

Thanx for the confirmation.  The last screen of the registration screen goes blank when you are through.  It doesn't confirm or deny or nothing.  No close or exit button.  Just the Canon logo at the top.

EB

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I do all my printing via the XPS driver on A3+ paper and the new Hahnemuehle panoramic paper. No problems.

But, I have printed with and without the XPS driver using Lightroom and Print Studio Pro. I could not see a difference.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"I do all my printing via the XPS driver on A3+ paper ..."

The XPS driver is notably faster on my PC.  That is why we use it.  Whether it is better or not I don't know.  But I can only print 8 x 10s.

We use three PCs and four printers in the office.  The two Pro-100s and two HPs.  The Pro-100s are USB but the two HPs are wireless.

One of the PCs is a Gateway and it runs the XPS driver correctly.  It is a laptop so we don't like it for editing.  The other two are Dell desktops pretty much high end at least they were. Probably not compared to a new one!

EB

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Strange. Is it all software or just one.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

With all the software that gets loaded and plants code in various places I guess it's not surprising things get confused sometimes. 

Ii have an intermitent problem with my drivers that Canon couldn't solve. Sometimes, when I try and go to Matching->None for color an error message appears that "Program X has stopped working...."  It doesn't matter what program it is, including Canon My Printer. 

This is started after using the printer for several years. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements