cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7DMk2 AI AF points not showing in viewfinder when tracking

Netta
Apprentice

Hi

We bought a second hand 7DMk2 a while ago. I use BB focus. I find that in AI servo if I press the AF-On button the AF points (the black squares) appear momentarily in the viewfinder and then dissapear even if I keep the AF On button pressed in. You can see the focus is traking while you are moving but as the black squares are not showing in the viewfinder it is impossible to keep the focus on your moving subject. There must be some setting that is wrong? It is updated on the latest firmware.

Note: I use the same lens and set up on my 5DMk4 and its perfect.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Netta wrote:

Hi

We bought a second hand 7DMk2 a while ago. I use BB focus. I find that in AI servo if I press the AF-On button the AF points (the black squares) appear momentarily in the viewfinder and then dissapear even if I keep the AF On button pressed in. You can see the focus is traking while you are moving but as the black squares are not showing in the viewfinder it is impossible to keep the focus on your moving subject. There must be some setting that is wrong? It is updated on the latest firmware.

Note: I use the same lens and set up on my 5DMk4 and its perfect.

Thanks

There are a couple of settings that control how the AF points are displayed.  Try resetting the camera in the “Set Up 4” menu, which would be Gold Wrench Menus.  Resetting the BBF and other custom controls is a separate menu.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements