cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70d WiFi How hard to install and does it work?

ear41
Apprentice

Thanks for your answer

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello Ear41,

The setup of the Wi Fi function varies by device.  You make no mention of whether you are attempting connection to a smartphone, tablet, PC or other.  If this just a basic question of if it works and how difficult it is to install then the answer would be not hard to install and works very well.  It comes with software to pair with a PC and modes for various other connection methods depending on the device and Wi Fi availability.

If this is an urgent matter, please feel free to contact us directly.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Tim: I will be using an Android Phone. This may be a dumb question, but does my phone have to be on my network or someone's network, like Starbucks for this to work? Or if I am in area where I can get EMails will that work? Thanks,

ear41,

You do not have to be on an existing network if you do not want to or if you are not able to.  The phone and camera can be directly connected to each other, on a separate network of their own.  Connecting both through an existing network is known as Infrastructure and connecting them directly is known as Ad-hoc.  The camera and phone support both connection methods.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements