cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D mark II VF Grid options

slevin_grey
Apprentice

Hi,

I recently bought a 6D mark 2 body and trying to set a 3x3 grid in the view finder like in Nicon cameras. I've dug through the manual and only found the live view option for displaying 3 by 3 grid but not for the VF. Is there an option to set such a grid in a view finder?

I'm running firmware 1.0.5 and didn't see any change logs fixing this for the 1.1.0 version on the canon site, so doubt that the update will help. 

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You can enable a grid in the OVF, but there is only one option and it is not 3x3.  A 3x3 option is available in Live View mode.  I recommend that you visit the Canon Support Page for the 6D2 and download documentation and software.

If you purchased a used camera it is a very good idea to go through all of the menus and reset everything you can find back to its factory default.  You want to start with the camera in a known state.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Indeed.  Page 79

eos6d-mk2-im4-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

shadowsports_0-1676988008504.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Remember, the 6D viewfinder is not a digital image, but a live image from the mirror. Adding lots of stuff to the display is not nearly as easy as for a mirrorless camera's viewfinder.

Announcements