cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D MarkII issue with image upload

JCovert2
Apprentice

I need help in recovering images on a new SanDisk sd card.  The images can be seen on camera screen with the card, but cannot be seen when uploaded to computer.  The images come in as IMG_0195.CR2 but when trying to open an image in Photo Gallery i get an error messas that says: Photo Galery cannot open this image or video.  The file may be unsupported, damaged, or corrupted.  Please advise what else i can do to recover images.  I also connected the cable from camera to computer and got the same result. 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@JCovert2wrote:

I need help in recovering images on a new SanDisk sd card.  The images can be seen on camera screen with the card, but cannot be seen when uploaded to computer.  The images come in as IMG_0195.CR2 but when trying to open an image in Photo Gallery i get an error messas that says: Photo Galery cannot open this image or video.  The file may be unsupported, damaged, or corrupted.  Please advise what else i can do to recover images.  I also connected the cable from camera to computer and got the same result. 

Thank you.

It sounds like you are using a Windows PC, and saved the images as RAW. No worry, your images are probably okay. Windows does not have the smarts to properly display the new RAW file format. I use Canon DPP to browse folders.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

thank you for your help.  I was able to import raw images into Lightroom with no problems.  I need to get my Windows updated.

@JCovert2wrote:

thank you for your help.  I was able to import raw images into Lightroom with no problems.  I need to get my Windows updated.

Microsoft is not offereing a codec for native .cr2 file support yet, but we all know its coming.  In the meantime, use DPP, LightRoom, IrfanView, etc. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements