cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D Mark II Error 20

NancyJeanS
Apprentice

After using the camera wihout issue for almost 3 years I now have an ongoing problem with error code 20 regardless of the lens, Canon or otherwise. It happens with lenses I’ve used for well over a year without issue. And it happens with a fully charged Canon battery. 

The error first appeared on a hot summer afternoon when I was using a Canon 70-200mm-2.8 III. 

As the incidents increased, the shutter started slowing considerably right before the error. If I switch the camera off and on and remove and reinsert the battery I can get a few shots in before the code reappears. 

I took it took a local repair store where the shutter was replaced. Just got it back and the error 20 is still happening. Now the weather is cooler so it doesn’t seem weather temp is involved.

(I’m a new pro photographer with one camera so this has affected my income.)

(I bought the camera from Amazon and purchased the 3 yr warranty. However the company didn’t  respond to my online submission which I sent twice. I called and the person had the info I submitted and said I’d get a shipping label within 24 hours. It never came and at this point I wouldn’t send it in anyway. Don’t trust them.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi NancyJeanS,

Sorry to hear of the trouble.  Error 20 is a shutter or mirror issue.  I think its time for your camera to go to Canon.  You can take the camera back to the shop that repaired it, or send it to Canon where it will be repaired by persons who have the knowledge, capability and resources to correctly identify the issue.  It will come with a warranty.  I believe this is your best course of action given the issue was not resolved by the shop.  Its up to you.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi NancyJeanS,

Sorry to hear of the trouble.  Error 20 is a shutter or mirror issue.  I think its time for your camera to go to Canon.  You can take the camera back to the shop that repaired it, or send it to Canon where it will be repaired by persons who have the knowledge, capability and resources to correctly identify the issue.  It will come with a warranty.  I believe this is your best course of action given the issue was not resolved by the shop.  Its up to you.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements