cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6500px resolution from EOS 5D Mark II

Allie23a
Apprentice

Hi all,

I am trying to sell my artwork on a site that requires a 6500px dimension.

My camera won't shoot that large and my photo software won't let me upscale the image. Can anyone recommend photo software that will?

Would appreciate your help!

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Your cameras sensor captures 5760 × 3840, so it's not too big stretch to get to 6500.

I have never used it, but have been amazed by their other software, so you may want to give Topaz Labs Gigapixel AI a try. IIRC, you get a free trial, and if it's like their other apps, it will use Raw, but I'm not sure about that. It will work standalone or as a plugin.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

The Gimp has no problem upscaling to 8192×5464, at least on my machine.  An image that big will need a lot of RAM.  The Gimp is free and runs on Windoze, Mac and Linux; also it's not a toy, it's close to the power of Photoshop: https://www.gimp.org/

But bear in mind that upscaling is pointless.  It won't give you more resolution.  It will give you more pixels, but those pixels will be fuzzy.  But if the site literally requires a 6,500 pix *dimension*, then it might get you going.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements