cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60D

joescastle1
Contributor

I purchased my wife a very long time ago a 60D for christmas and she loved it since it was her first real DSLR camera... Now that her camera has been dead and unrepairable I want to give her a new one.. My question is, what other Canon EOS DSLR camera can work with her existing lenses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you all very much for all the information provided.. I just pulled the trigger on the 80D....

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

@joescastle1 wrote:
I am assuming that the SD cards that she currently has will work for the 80D? I was reading the features and did some research on SD cards and was wondering if these SD cards will work best for video and photos, or are there better ones out there? See link below..

http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/en_US/list/parentCategoryID.11442500/categoryID.70928500

That line of cards are UHS1, which is want you want for Canon DSLRs.  Don’t go for the super high capacity cards.  I would use 32GB and 64GB cards.  If you want to shoot video, I would use a 64GB or 128GB card, dedicated to shooting video.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

secondlevel
Enthusiast
The cards you have will work. Scandisk makes an extreme pro model that is faster. However, if you are not shooting sports or birds it won’t make a big difference. Scandisk has a card finder that will allow you to match card with different cameras to find the best fit.

secondlevel
Enthusiast

joescastle1
Contributor
Thank you again Waddizzle and secondlevel.. She both 32 and 64 gb SanDisk cards of the ones I showed you in the link above. I will get her the 128gb for video... 👊👊🍻
Announcements