cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV - shutter speed won't go below 1"

77LTD
Apprentice

I have a 5D Mark 4, firmware 1.2.1. Can someone help me with this please. For some reason, I cannot dial my shutter speed lower than 1 second. It doesn't matter if I am in Tv mode, full manual... shutter speed won't let me go below 1".  What have I inadvertantly done?

This is a first for me. I don't recall recently making any setting changes, it does this with any lens. I haven't used my 5D in a couple months - been using my EOS R. But the last time I had it out no problems. I already reset the camera settings and cleared all the custom settings. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

77LTD
Apprentice

Solved! I must have fat-fingered a setting in the dark without my glasses on. On the orange menu page 2... shutter speed range was set to 1 second for lowest speed. How the heck I did that, I do not know. I went back in, set it back to 30 seconds... good to go.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

77LTD
Apprentice

Solved! I must have fat-fingered a setting in the dark without my glasses on. On the orange menu page 2... shutter speed range was set to 1 second for lowest speed. How the heck I did that, I do not know. I went back in, set it back to 30 seconds... good to go.

Thank you so much for this!! You solved my problem for me as well! 

Announcements