cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

400D Firmware - Anomolous Behaviour

IRONcast
Contributor

Here's an issue:

400D running firmware: 1.0.4 - I am trying to update to 1.0.5, 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 - all have failed.

Attempt 1: EOS Utility - failed - it copies the .fir file to the CF card (Kingston 8GB) (correctly named) (the red LED on the camera indicates a copy operation), and the camera correctly reboots, to display 'Firmware Not Found' - this is after several formats of the CF card on both PC and Camera beforehand - to ensure it's clean.  After, I can see the 4.6MB file had been copied onto the card - but the camera doesn't find it.

Attempt 2: CF Card Reader: formatted CF card in camera, then copied .fir file directly onto root of CF card - and updated via camera menu - which still cannot find the firmwre update on the card.

I have not renamed the file - my only conclusion is: the CF card, Kingston 8GB, is too large /not supported.

I have downloaded several copies of said firmwre, and three revisions to make sure it's not the file.

Essentilly, no matter what I do, the camera can't see the firmware on the CF card...

Any ideas?

20 REPLIES 20

IRONcast
Contributor

Issue resolved - note to self: check the basics, first.

I replaced a bent #11 pin and it worked through the EOS Utility...

Thanks all.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements