cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3X TC won't work with Tamron Lens

BlairW
Enthusiast

I need help, I bought a Soligor 3X tele-converter for use with my Tamron 150~600 mm lens, the body is a 60D. The problem is when I try to take a shot I get an error message "Err 01 Communications between the camera and lens is faulty. Clean the lens contacts." So I try a Canon 50mm f/1.4 with the Soligor 3X tele-converter & works fine. Any suggestions at to why this tele-converter won't work with my Tamron lens? I thought there is just a ribbon inside the TC to make a connection. 

PS.. I also tried the Tamron 150~600mm & TC with my girlfriends Rebel and I get the same message. I have a 1.4X and a 2.0X TCs and the Tamron 150~600 mm lens works just fine. Also I did clean the contacts on each end of the 3X TC. thanks, Blair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would suspect that the error message is fairly generic, and would apply to any type of communication error, INCLUDING bad data.  The bad data that I am thinking of would be f/stop, which in this case would be as high as f/16 being reported ot the camera..  The camera rejects that numbers as bad data, out of range, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

well my copy of LR6 arrived today time for me to start learning how to use this application and the world of editing. With cooler weather and shoter days coming on I'll have plenty of time. 

@BlairW wrote:

well my copy of LR6 arrived today time for me to start learning how to use this application and the world of editing. With cooler weather and shoter days coming on I'll have plenty of time. 

Just remember.  Don't do a Creative Cloud trial on the same machine with LR6.  In fact, if you do a trial, use a completely different Adobe login, on a completely different machine.  Okay? 

Have fun.  My favorite feature is the ability to apply "Preset" settings during Import.  This is where I use it to automatically apply lens correction.  If you are familiar with DPP, you should catch on to LR6 basics pretty fast.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"...time for me to start learning how to use this application and the world of editing"

Great photos are not made in the camera, they are created in post editing.  99% of all the professional/commercial photos you see are edited in PS and/or LR. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Blair,

I would not try to pull from your DPP experience, if any, to use in Lightroom. Terms may be similar but the two software's are different. LR is way more intuitive than DPP.  Not only do you need to learn how the presets work but you need to learn how plug-ins work. You can even d/l thousands of plug-ins for LR.  They speed up your editing time tremendously.

While Canon's DPP works with just some of even Canon's own cameras, LR and its DNG Converter work with almost any camera made. However, Adobe will come out with LR7 shortly.  At that point LR6 will stop being supported.  They may even drop a licenced version altogether. You will still have use of the DNG Converter, though.

EB

I just had some time yesterday to give it a try. I also found some lightroom 6 tutorials I can stream online to use to reinforce what I'm experimenting with. I may be back here thou if it's okay in case I have a question or two. I wonder thou should I have waited on LR7? thanks, Blair

"...should I have waited on LR7?"

I am not a 'waiter' so I say get what you can use now.  Who knows what Adobe or Canon will actually do?  Besides there is a good chance LR7 will be rental only.  I don't want to do that.

EB

good point and yeah I think it's about time I start a new thread the TC thread is dead one...

Blair,

If you come back with LR questions, start a new thread on the forum.

EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements