cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

35mm slr to EOS rebel T2i transition.

cptziemba
Apprentice

I have used many a SLR camera in my time & even some digital point & shoot, But last christmas my wife suprised me with an EOS Rebel T2i, I was wondering how hard it is to transition? I have been taking some pics with it but have not really got into any of the major settings. any help would be greatful.

4 REPLIES 4

Skirball
Authority

Picture taking won't be much of a transition at all.  In fact you probably already know more about photography than the majority of dSLR owners.  The learning curve will be with post processing and some miscellaneous camera features that you may not be familiar with.

How good are you with computers?  I highly recommend getting a copy of Lightroom or Aperture (Apple users).  It'll be a little tricky at first, but it's worth learning.

As far as the camera, it'll have a whole bunch of completely useless settings (if you're coming from film).  I'd shoot in full manual, Av, and Tv.  You should have enough photography knowledge to not use the fancy settings they put for people who don't know how to use a camera.

Welcome to digital, don't hesitate to take a lot of shots, memory is cheap!

I am a computer Tech, & yes I have found many useless settings on my camera, but thank you for the recommendation. I will check it out. I have also notices that it is cheap to just take Pics & cycle through them later As you said memory is cheap. I rather like not having to wait days to check out my pics.

I'd also recommend you learn to use the histogram (plenty of info online); don’t rely on just looking at the picture on the LCD.   

I new better than to rely on just the lcd, I use a dedicated computer for reviewing. thank you again for the info.
Announcements