cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1DC- Sound Recording via Line input woes

eco_bach
Contributor

Have the latest firmware update on my 1DC. There are 3 issues I am hoping someone can help with

#1 I assume you must set Sound recording to 'Line input' and NOT manual, but if I set the Rec level, whenever the camera is powered off, either automatically or manually, this Rec level is ALWAYS reset to zero. Also, the moment recording is startted, even though audio input levels are set correctly, no audio is recorded. This seems like a firmware bug to me. This does NOT happen when set to manual. Anyone know of a workaround?

When using Manual and plugging in an external audio source I assume this signal will override the audio from the camera's internal mic.

If this is correct and there are no issues when using 'Manual', then what is the difference between 'Manual' and "Line input'??

#2 When setting Sound input to Manual, the VU meters are visible, but NOT when set to Line input. Why?

#3 Can anyone recommend a specific connector to go from line out on a Zoom H6 to Mic in on the 1DC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No. Apparently a buggy firmware release. My understanding is that there is another release planned soon. Hopefully with several new (and working) features in addition to the line input.

Using Manual with a -25dB cable for now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cpreston
Apprentice

Did you ever get any information or a reply from Canon about this problem?

No. Apparently a buggy firmware release. My understanding is that there is another release planned soon. Hopefully with several new (and working) features in addition to the line input.

Using Manual with a -25dB cable for now.

Announcements