cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.4 Extender Used On Canon t4i.

themanfromvan
Apprentice

I understand that the autofocus function could be rendered non functional when using an extender with certain camera bodies and lens combinations.  I have a t4i camera body and the two lenses I use primarily are a 24-105 mm f4 and a 70-200 mm f2.8.  I have tried to ascertain this information from searching the forums but can't see to find a defintive answer. Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

This thread is the best source of TC info I know of.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41922

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First there is no good reason to use a t-con on a 24-105mm. So that's out of the question.  The 1.4x II works fairly well with the 70-200mm f2.8L fo rme.  So I see no reason why it won't do so for you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@themanfromvan wrote:

I understand that the autofocus function could be rendered non functional when using an extender with certain camera bodies and lens combinations.  I have a t4i camera body and the two lenses I use primarily are a 24-105 mm f4 and a 70-200 mm f2.8.  I have tried to ascertain this information from searching the forums but can't see to find a defintive answer. Thanks. 

Yes, a 1.4X TC or even the 2X TC will work and maintain autofocus on your T4i camera with the 70-200 f/2.8 lens. 

The EF 24-105 f/4L IS is not listed on the compatibility chart for the genuine Canon Teleconverters and the two may not physically mount together.

Announcements