cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my Canon 1000D lenses work with the modern Canon series?

operty
Apprentice

I own a pretty old Canon 1000D camera from the mid 2000's and I own 2 lenses for it, the camera works fine but I'm looking for something that has a higher resolution and can record at a better quality. What would be a good beginner quality upgrade and could I use my older lenses?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The recommendations we might make will depend largely on your budget.  In order to use EF or EF-S lenses on a mirrorless body, you will need a Canon brand EF to EOS R adapter.  Compatibility performance and function can depend on the brand and type of the lens, as well as its age. 

Camera body's you may want to consider are the R50, R10 or R7.  The sensor type, APS-C is similar to the one that's in your 1000d but all have two times or more the resolution.  

If you want to consider a full frame camera, The R8 or R6 might be a good place to start.  Note however, that If your older lenses are EF-S you will not want to use them with a full frame body.  Lenses intended for cameras with smaller sensors will reduce the resolution of cameras that have a full frame sensor.  

It would be helpful if you told us the brand and  models of the lenses you currently own as well as an actual budget.  This way we can provide more specific recommendations.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements