cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Laowa 10 mm lens for canon rf

Tommyboyks
Contributor

I am tired of waiting on Canon to produce and sell its new Canon Rf 10-20mm f/4 L lens and I am considering buying the Laowa 10 mm fixed lens (unfortunately manual only for Canon rf). Has anyone bought the Laowa lens and used it with their Canon R6 Mark ii or similar camera? If so, what is your opinion? I have contacted Canon several times and asked when the 10-22mm lens will be available, but never get a definite answer, not even a rough estimate.

3 REPLIES 3

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

I do have the Laowa RF 15mm F/2 Zero-D which I purchased three weeks ago.  So far, I love it!  Optics are great, less vignetting than other similar lenses, easily correctible distortion.  Build quality is very nice!  I am assuming the Laowa 10mm would be similar in optics and quality.  I've used it on the R6 Mk ll and the R8, but not yet on the RP.

Gary

Digital: Canon: R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax: Spotmatic, K1000, K2000, Miranda: DR, Zenit: 12XP, Kodak: Retina Automatic II, Duaflex III

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I don't have the specific lens but I do have a few of the relatively cheap full manual lenses. The drawbacks are is it totally manual and it is not a zoom. Otherwise I have found them to be pretty decent lenses. Totally manual means exactly that so do consider that. For the most part, no communication with the camera at all. Personally I would not buy one because they aren't that cheap. A good thing about a UWA lens is, focus is a snap since almost everything is in focus mostly all the time.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"Personally I would not buy one because they aren't that cheap. A good thing about a UWA lens is, focus is a snap since almost everything is in focus mostly all the time."

B&H had many of them on sale a few weeks back for $200 off, which was nice.  And you are right about the focus!  Everything 5' away and further is at infinity for focus with the 15mm.

Gary

Digital: Canon: R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax: Spotmatic, K1000, K2000, Miranda: DR, Zenit: 12XP, Kodak: Retina Automatic II, Duaflex III
Announcements