cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIgma 150-600 Contemporary or Sport: Good fit?

A_Random_Dude
Enthusiast

Hi there. I'm a hobbyist, happy to stay with my DSLRs (1DX Mk III, 7D Mk II, 20D, and 300D) and a selection of decent (almost all Canon) lenses. I'm not interested in moving to mirrorless, since my kit is all in good shape and will probably last longer than I will.

I recently picked up a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS USM L II, and I've liked what I've seen with some preliminary testing. My lens wish list now only includes a 500mm. and I've been looking at the Sigma 100-600. It seems like a good tool, and it's available at a reasonable price point. I'm wondering if anyone out there has experience using that lens with either the 1DX or the 7D. I'd really be interested in hearing (reading) your comments.

Thanks in advance!

300D, 20D, 7D Mk II, 1DX Mk III, R6 Mk II, a few decent lenses, and plenty of questions. Also, a fair amount of impatience to get my hands on the 200-800 RF…
21 REPLIES 21

Very true! Though, thinking back in the hazy mists of time when I was in marching band, I do recall that we sometimes practiced in the school gym!

300D, 20D, 7D Mk II, 1DX Mk III, R6 Mk II, a few decent lenses, and plenty of questions. Also, a fair amount of impatience to get my hands on the 200-800 RF…

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I realized pretty quickly that I would destroy the Sigma C version, pretty quickly!  Like I said above had the Tamron G2 been available at the time it might have bee the best choice for me. It has some weather sealing and is somewhat better built then the C model which has no weather sealing.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements