cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF-S 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM Firmware will not update

vjuzwiak
Apprentice

I receive the message "Memory card containing firmware is required to update".  I have formatted the card, downloaded the software (ifu file), copied the file to the card and see if on the card.  I place the card in the card slot, set the camera option to P and the lens is on the camera.  I get this message?  I have tried 3 different memory cards.

I should say I did update the R7 firmware just fine, one of the memory cards, without any issues or problems.  I see no other messages regarding this issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is for an EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM, it is not your lens. That is why you are seeing the message on the camera, as it is the wrong firmware file. Your RF-S 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM is a different lens, with no firmware update available.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to the Canon support site for this lens, and didn't see any firmware listed for that lens.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/rf-s18-150mm-f3-5-6-3-is-stm 

This is where I got the download from?  When I first looked to see if there was a newer version, I did find the one you sent.  I continued to look and found this one.  I am thinking that you are correct, but don't know why this one is out there.

Canon Support for EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is for an EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM, it is not your lens. That is why you are seeing the message on the camera, as it is the wrong firmware file. Your RF-S 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM is a different lens, with no firmware update available.

Thank you. That explains the difference. I can’t believe I didn’t notice the difference. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

Announcements