cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF 24-240mm Odd distortion on edges of frame

thedigitaldog
Apprentice
Can anyone tell me the case of this and how to make it stop? It is intermittent, not all images. Lens is a Canon 24-240. TIA

See edgesSee edges

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Are you by any chance viewing this in Lightroom or Photoshop?   I had the same issue, but not when I looked at the same images in my windows Photo app.  Apparently, it is a glitch with Adobe and they have worked on an fix because in my latest update it isn't showing any more.   I suspect it is an issue with the algorithms used for lens correction data in those programs - so it's either their algorithm or the one supplied by Canon, but it seems to have been cleared up in my software.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

thedigitaldog
Apprentice

Sorry, this camera body is a EOS R6 Mark II. 

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Are you by any chance viewing this in Lightroom or Photoshop?   I had the same issue, but not when I looked at the same images in my windows Photo app.  Apparently, it is a glitch with Adobe and they have worked on an fix because in my latest update it isn't showing any more.   I suspect it is an issue with the algorithms used for lens correction data in those programs - so it's either their algorithm or the one supplied by Canon, but it seems to have been cleared up in my software.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Yes, the latest version of Lightroom Classic on Mac. And yes, you're onto something; I don't see this when viewing the DNG using RawDigger; it isn't there! That's a relief. I'll contact Adobe (I'm a pre-release tester). Thanks! 

OK, its a bug only in Lightroom Classic, using the 24-240 lens profile. Not an issue using Adobe Camera Raw with the same profile. I'll let Adobe know something is wonky with the profile in Lightroom Classic and super happy to know, the raw data is fine. Thank you! 

No worries, glad you are sorted.

cheers, TREVOR

Peter
Authority
Authority

Adobe already knows https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EF-RF-Lenses/RF-24-240mm-F4-6-3-IS-USM-Blurred-Edges-on-Multiple-...

Change AutoScale from false to true in the XML file.

As you can see here I can create the same "issue" if I change the scale in darktable https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EF-RF-Lenses/Canon-RF-24-105-2-8-weird-edge-stretch-issues-when-z...

Announcements