cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF 24-105 f4 L: Control ring is not working with camera to display Exposure Compensation

Len29
Contributor

I've got RF24-105 f4 L lens with R6. All's good and working as intended. However, I noticed when I customize control ring for exposure compensation, it's not working, all other options(ISO, Tv, Av etc) are working when I rotate the control ring except exposure compensation. Can anyone check if it's working for you and reply?

Thanks in advance,

Len

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

“ Update: I just tested Control ring set to Exposure compensation with all posible modes(Tv, Av, P and Fv) and it working. The same scenario doesn't work with M(manual mode). “. 

Re-test Manual mode with ISO set to Auto.  The camera must be able to control at least one leg of the Exposure Triangle for EC to function.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Do you need to half-press the shutter while turning it?  Or, the [SET] button?

In the menu of Castomize dials each have option with pressing Metering button or without(simple rotate lens Control ring). Every possible mode works with lens Control ring except Exposure compensation. Canon support guy said its related to lens/body communication and advised me to send lens for inspection. I just purchased lens and R6 camera. 

Update: I just tested Control ring set to Exposure compensation with all posible modes(Tv, Av, P and Fv) and it working. The same scenario doesn't work with M(manual mode)

“ Update: I just tested Control ring set to Exposure compensation with all posible modes(Tv, Av, P and Fv) and it working. The same scenario doesn't work with M(manual mode). “. 

Re-test Manual mode with ISO set to Auto.  The camera must be able to control at least one leg of the Exposure Triangle for EC to function.

Announcements