cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polarized lens for T7?

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Took a bunch of photos today with the UV lens. Some were fish in a shallow stream. Will be taking more this spring and summer. Got home and realized I needed a polarized lens. Ran a cross this on the Canon website. Not sure of this. Polarized insert can be removed for "regular" photos? Your advice is always appreciated.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/lenses/ef/mount-adapters/drop-in-f...

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

That only works with a special EF->RF adapter for an R camera. You need a circularly polarized filter at the size of whatever lens you want to use it on.

Thanks. Found that I have one marked CPL in 58 mm. So, I'm OK.

John

You need to be really careful using that filter on your lens. It is not the strongest build lens and you can mess it up if not careful. Do not over tighten it for sure.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

While one can overtighten any type of filter, to help against "binding", try to use filters made out of different materials.

For example, I own B+W filters which use brass.  They work very well on lenses with either aluminum or plastic threads.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks to all. Will be checking the lens with the CPL in a few days. Our Greenway runs along a creek. Try to take some photos of fish. The UV lens was marginal on fish but they didn't show up real clear.

John

"The UV lens was marginal on fish but they didn't show up real clear."

That's because that is not the job or purpose of a UV filter.  Your combo has no need for a UV filter at all.  Remove it as it may be hurting your photos instead of helping. Also be very careful messing with the front end of your lens. It is pretty fragile.

EB

Thanks, EB. Going back to take some more photos on the Greenway. I like to experiment with the camera to get a feel for what works and doesn't work. Let me share a photo that my wife raved about. This is an unedited jpeg. Your critique is welcome. Data- 1/400, f/6.3, ISO160, 210mm.

IMG_6864.JPG

John

If you guys both like it that's all that is important. Smiley Happy

EB
Announcements