cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need quick release bracket for new rf 200-800mm lens.

Bray
Apprentice

Just received my 200-800mm rf lens and needing to know what quick release bracket to go with it.  Would appreciate direction.  Thank you, Bette

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I keep a 120mm arca plate adapter on all of my zooms.  I use them as a carry handle when they aren't mounted.  I also use it as a grip for hand held shots when I'm not using a tripod.   

Last year when we visited Alaska, I met a Nikon shooter who shot with his Siggy Sport 150-600 the entire trip.  On the ship, he had it tethered to a sling with his anchor point attached to the plate.  He was Quick Draw McGraw with this set up.  🤠   Other times I saw him using a monopod with a crazy gimbal head.  I used a tripod on the ship 90% of the time.

If you will always use a tripod, a single hole plate is adequete.   If you want a sling carry option, I suggest a plate that has a hole for a anchor point in addition to the mount hole to the lens foot.  These cost a little more than the single hole plates, but it does provide additional options.  I use a black rapids sports breath sling.  Very comfy, but you'd want the anchor on the lens and not on the bottom of the camera.  This is a safer and a more "balanced" all day carry option.

I think my brothers use manfrotto QR heads and plates.  Others here have far more experience with mounts and heads than I.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Rodger,

I hope you'll reply to this thread.  👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements