cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My winnings came in and bought the Sigma 150-600

JFG
Enthusiast

My winnings came in and I got the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary lens along with the Sigma USB Dock UD-01.  My question to those of you who own this lens is :  Should I just go out and test it right from the box or should I first modify the lens to my style of shooting?  I normally take my new lenses and try them right out of the box, but I like to know what others do.  Your input is greatly appreciated. 

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
22 REPLIES 22

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I agree a new thread is a good idea but to answer the question, "I have the same lens Sigma 150-600mm. The only problem is once you go over 400mm on the lens, you begin to lose the sharp focus."

Nine times out of ten it is user error when IQ or OOF issues are concerned. Especially when it is by a generally considered to be a good lens like the Sigma 150-600mm super zoom. Of course there is always the possibility of a faulty lens. However, way more info is needed to permit any reasonable reply as to which. Adding to the suggestion of a new thread being a good idea.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I have the lens on a T7. Like it two whole lots. 😊

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

" I have the same lens Sigma 150-600mm. The only problem is once you go over 400mm on the lens, you begin to lose the sharp focus."

It's a great lens and I'm very happy with its performance 👍  Most of the pictures I've taken with it have been in the 400mm to 600mm range and I  have not experienced that problem with mine.  I'm truly happy with the lens.   : )

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
Announcements