cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens squeaks while focusing | RF 15-35mm 2.8

thebumblechaser
Apprentice

My RF 15-35mm f2.8 lens makes a squeaking noise in almost the whole range in manual focus. In auto it squeaks too, but not the whole range. Thought there might be some dust in the lens but I hardly ever change lenses when I'm out filming, they're mainly changed indoors. Blowing it out didn't change anything, it still squeaks when the focus is hunting.  I use this lens all the time so hoping I can get this fixed!

IMG_9972.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

It would seem that you have something either dislodged or out of alignment.  If you are in the US, I would suggest calling 800--OK-CANON and have a talk to a tech support agent about the issue and what to do next

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I own this lens also.  I've started using it more than my 24-70 and have really started loving it.  It's on my camera right now 🙂 If you are within your first year of ownership, there is warranty.  If you have a CarePak there are additional service possibilities. 

Start by registering the lens in the MyCanon portal.  Describe the issue and you will receive an estimate.  Canon also offers a cleaning and maintenance service which I suspect might expose the behavior.  Support can then tell you which is the best way to go.  Send your lens to Canon.  It's a nice lens and deserves this level of care.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements