cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the Canon RF 200-800 Backorder Blues

sinbo
Apprentice

Title is just a wee joke, I am super grateful that I am even able to purchase the 200-800.

I ordered a little over two months ago, and have been waiting for the lens to ship. I acknowledge it is not so bad, because 1. I have the privilege to order such a thing, and 2. others have waiting around six months and maybe even longer for theirs.

For those who were able to get the 200-800, how long did you wait, what did you shoot in the meantime, and was it worth the waiting?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Average has been about 4-7 months.  

Please post your experience for others.  I'm going to order mine next month.  Going to be traveling and don't mind the wait.  Make sure you get a CarePak and a clear lens filter.  😄

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I live in the relative backwater of New Zealand (logistics-wise) and I never actually ordered the lens. In February of this year my local camera store called me up and offered me a deal on it as compensation for a bit of a gaff in the sale of some of my gear.   So, I have shot with it since then.

Previous to the arrival of the 200-800, my go-to lenses were the RF 100-500, and Sigma 60-600s - and I still shoot with those too, but for sheer reach this lens stands on its own and I find the optical performance to be excellent.  FWIW, I have posted a range of photos here, using the lens with different bodies.  I generally shoot large wild animals, but in NZ the only place one finds those (apart from sheep and cattle) is in the zoo, so that's where I have concentrated my efforts.  So, check out the link:  Search - Canon Community.

I hope you find it worth the wait! 🙂

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
click here to view the gallery
Announcements