cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R50 lens stuck zoomed in

cannonuser19
Apprentice

Hey everyone! We just recently bought the EOS R50! My family and I are new to the whole camera thing lol! My daughter was messing around with the camera and got the furthest away lense stuck on a setting up close! Where you originally zoomed in and out on the lense is still moving, but it only changes the focusing! You can still manually change the zoom on the screen but it only zooms in even more! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know if anyone can help!

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What lens?

What exactly is the issue? There is no motorized zoom, so you just need to grab the barrel and gently try to twist it back in the other direction.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

R50..  And which lens are you using?  The RF-S 18-45?

If this is what you have, please review the lens manual and become familiar with its rings and controls.

rfs18-45f45-63isstm-im2-eng.pdf (c-wss.com)

The lens has to be "unlocked" in order to zoom.  This is the larger of the two rings.  The focus / control ring is near the front and can be used to focus or programmed as a control ring to change aperture, shutter speed, etc.  Let us know if you have further questions. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements