cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 40D Lens Compatibility

cfssqh1972
Apprentice

i have a EOS  40 D  that well it died:-(  i guess after 15 + years ...  )  i l ved this camera- i still have all my lenses to go with in form 108-205= 70--210 and more- is the EOS 60D and EOS 80D body compatable with these lenses - i called a camera shop and they give me the run around and want be to switch to another brand- (i figure they were getting something for doing so) i have cannon for so long and i TRUST them 

can any one tell me?

much appreciated and all have a wonderful day 

c

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You description of your lens has me somewhat baffled. However, any lens that worked on your 40D will work on any Canon xxD camera. 60D, 70D, 80D and 90D.  Buying today you want the 90D. It is the latest greatest xxD Canon has eve made. I doubt you can find any of the others retail new. Perhaps the 80D is still available. Keep in mind even the latest 90D is 3 years old now.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

it is the body only that is not working even with new battery -- found a place here in Sacramento that actually Would talk to me not just try to sell me a new camera ... so they are trying to see why... thanks for the replay much appreciated- the 4 other places i called NEVER answered my question if my other lenses would work on the 60d80d etc.. 

thank you so much is appreciated 

c

normadel
Authority
Authority

Any lenses that worked with the 40D will work with any other crop-sensor Canon body (except that EF-S lenses won't fit on a 10D).  So, 50D-to-90D, and all the Rebels.

amfoto1
Authority

Just to clarify...

Any Canon branded lens that worked on your 40D will work on 60D, 70D, 80D, 90D... no problem.

Any other brand of lens (Sigma, Tamron, etc.) that worked on your 40D will probably work fine on the newer camera too. But sometimes there are compatibility issues between older 3rd party lenses and newer cameras. Unfortunately there's almost no way to be sure until you try the lens on the camera.

I have to agree with ebiggs... the description of your lenses don't make much sense. There have have been Canon 70-210mm zooms... but they are among the earliest EF lenses that would fit your 40D. More recently and contemporary with a 40D there have been 70-200mm, 70-300mm and 75-300mm lenses. There'ss never been a 108-205 zoom from Canon or anyone else that I'm aware of.. maybe you meant 28-135mm or 24-105mm or ?

Doesn't really matter in this case... We can still answer your question.

As much as it sounds like you enjoyed your 40D, you will probably really like the newer models... especially the later 80D (or current 90D).

thank you i have all cannon lenses and may have been off on the specs yes it is a 70-210 and the other you are right it is the 28-135 .. i use the 70-210 more for shooting baseball and horse shows

thanks you all are GREAT

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...you will probably really like the newer models... especially the later 80D (or current 90D)."

Second that! 😊

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements