cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFS 55-250 IS II Parts

Blackls1z
Apprentice

I have an EFS 55-250mm that stripped a plastic gear in the AF motor drive assembly (if that's what you call it).  Does anyone have a source on where to pick up replacement gears? I wasn't able to locate anything in any of my searches.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Parts are available from Canon.  I believe they are still repairing this model lens as well

Parts are available from US Camera dot com (They have parts manuals as well)

You can buy a new one from Canon for $299

Or used from KEH starting at $139

If you decide to do the repair yourself, I hope it goes back together and works as you expect.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Blackls1z
Apprentice

Thank Rick!  

I'll give them a call next week to see if they have the part.  If not, it may just give the reason I've been needing to get a nice lens. 😂

-Colin

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I strongly advise against doing this for two reasons. One is if the lens is still in service life and you mess it up Canon may not work on it at all or at a price that is even remotely reasonable. Second it isn't a good repair for anyone that isn't familiar with camera lens repair.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements