cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF lens compatibility with EOS R7

Nappert
Contributor

Newbies here.  We're wondering if we can get my daughter's Rebel T1i lenses (EFS 55-250; EF 50mm; and EFS 18-55) to fit/adapt to our new EOS 7. Thank you for any help.

22 REPLIES 22

I recommend watching some videos on photography in general.  My go-to starter videos are from Chris Bray, who is an Australian National Geographic Photographer.  He has a very relaxed style and will take you through the basics.

If you have access to your local library on-line catalogue, I suggest looking for an item called LinkedIn Learning. If it is available, you have free access to an immense array of professionally-made videos on all aspects of photography - everything from the very basics to advanced techniques.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I hope some of this might be helpful.

I suggest practicing near your home before you leave on your trip, even if there are no photos you would want to save or show to other people make hundreds of photos.

If you have a large enough memory card, then set the camera to record both RAW and JPG so that when you get back from your trip you can adjust things like white balance and brightness in the Canon DPP software.

For me, the old EF-S lenses work better on my newer RF camera than they did on the old camera, but the new RF-S lens that came with your camera is likely better yet.

The PDF of the camera manual can be downloaded to a cell phone for viewing while you are traveling.

Thank you for the tips.

Announcements