cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF 75-300mm Lens Attachment Problem

wjcarney1975
Apprentice

I have a EOS Rebel T3 along with the EFS 18-55mm lens and the EF 75-300 lens.  Recently the EF 75-300 lens has stopped attaching properly to the camera while the EFS 18-55mm lens still attaches fine.  I don't see any damage to the lens but thought I would check and see if anyone else has run across this problem?

Thanks!

Bill

7 REPLIES 7

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

One thing I would suggest looking into specifically are the screws on the silver lens mount. If one of those screws is loose it may be protruding enough to cause an issue. you can lightly tighten these screws with a small phillips head screwdriver. Otherwise, the lens might need service to address something else with the mount.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Thanks very much, I'll check those screws out!

Bill

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Was the lens dropped? It wouldn't take much to make the mount a bit out of alignment.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks so much, upon further investigation it turns out my son did drop the lens so it must have gotten misaligned somewhere.  Do you know if canon still services that lens?  Thanks!

This is a cheap and cheerful kit lens of, at best, meadocre quality. It is not worth servicing: either ecomomically or quality-wise.

I would suggest replacing it with thee excellent. EF-S 55-250 IS STM or, if you ant the reach and are ptepared to invest a bit more, the excellent. EF 70-300 IS USM  lenses. Either the Mk1 OR 2 versions are great lenses. See my review of them Here 

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Got it, thank you!

Suggest you keep an eye on the Canon refurb lens site at This Link 

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements