cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF 70-200 f2.8 IS iii USM + RF 24-105 f4 IS USM

kosta99
Contributor

Hello guys, I recently bought the above lenses from Greece and when I received them all the details on the box removed, like the serial number, then I tried to check the serial numbers using this link https://www.canon.co.uk/about_us/serial-number-checker/ but it says The product with the serial number that you provided was not originally intended by Canon for sale in the European Economic Area "

is there any way to check the authentication of these lenses?

Thank You.

17 REPLIES 17

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@kosta99 wrote:

Hello guys, I recently bought the above lenses from Greece and when I received them all the details on the box removed, like the serial number, then I tried to check the serial numbers using this link https://www.canon.co.uk/about_us/serial-number-checker/ but it says The product with the serial number that you provided was not originally intended by Canon for sale in the European Economic Area "

Thank You.

You just did.  You must have gotten them at a deep discount from a vendor that was not a factory authorized dealer.  I do not think Canon UK would honor any warranty service.  They are fine as long as they keep working.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@kosta99 wrote:

Thank You.

You just did.  You must have gotten them at a deep discount from a vendor that was not a factory authorized dealer.  I do not think Canon UK would honor any warranty service.  They are fine as long as they keep working.

I see I did not get a real deep discount though, this is from a reputable shop called Adorama, I thought they are authorized resellers, I was worried because of the packaging, the box was damaged and stuff, I am planning to call them tomorrow anyway but I thought first I get all the information I can from the net so I have an idea how to speak with them, Thanks a lot for your reply.

Adorama is present in Greece too ?

@SBK wrote:

Adorama is present in Greece too ?

Not sure exactly the same chain but I guess they can't use the Name if they weren't right?

I doubt there is any US protection for Adorama in Greece.  If you contact the New York store ask to speak to Helen Oster.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

If you contact the New York store ask to speak to Helen Oster.

Ernie, I have read online that Helen is no longer at Adorama. I think she resigned over a year ago under somewhat regrettable circumstances.

I've purchased several items from Adorama over the years, the most recent being my EOS RP kit about a month ago. I didn't deal with Helen, but have heard nothing but good about her. 

Oh, sorry to hear, she was great. Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Adorama is a US based company located in NYC.  They do ship world wide, but do not have a store or affilliates in Greece I am aware of.    

I suspect this company is using the same name, but they aren't the same organization.

Not Adorama.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Guys, Thank you all for the replies, I just have one more question, I bought the lenses a week ago and today I tried to use them, the problem is even when I mount and unmount slowly there was a rattling sound inside,RF 24-105 IS f4 USM has the worst rattling sound, it's like something is broken and moving freely inside. EF 70-200 has it too but not so much. Since I owned a 24-135 IS USM before this was my dream lenses at the moment, I would highly appreciate any of your help if any of you had this experience.

Announcements