cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dogs photo

Finka1
Apprentice

Hi! To my Canon EOS 1000D need new lense for photografing dogs, their portraits and activity (jumping, playing, running). 

Perhaps I want to much Smiley Indifferent...2 in 1... will be grateful for any recommendations, price level below 1000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Even if you do not upgrade your camera you want the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens.  But I would seriously consider upgrading the camera too. However, that lens will make a huge better difference for you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What lens do you currently own, and why does it not work for you?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Finka1 wrote:

Hi! To my Canon EOS 1000D need new lense for photografing dogs, their portraits and activity (jumping, playing, running). 

Perhaps I want to much Smiley Indifferent...2 in 1... will be grateful for any recommendations, price level below 1000

10 yr old camera... 10MP and Digic III.  

Even with a budget of $1000 or less you could get a nice bundle.  Something more current to build on.  

Edit - Don't get me wrong..  I love "classics" but a 1000D isn't classic and the amount of technolgy that has ocurred since makes upgrading worth considering.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Even if you do not upgrade your camera you want the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens.  But I would seriously consider upgrading the camera too. However, that lens will make a huge better difference for you.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

The lens Ernie recommends is a fine lens; my wife and I each have one. But don't imagine that you can use it with the camera's built-in flash. Even on cameras larger than the 1000D, it will cast a large shadow in the camera's coverage area.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Which camera you have to Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 ?

@Finka1wrote:

Which camera you have to Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 ?

We've used ours on T2i, 7D, and 7D Mark II. I may have also used mine on my 50D a few times; I don't recall for sure.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"But don't imagine that you can use it with the camera's built-in flash"

It isn't worth using anyway so it is a moot point.

EB
Announcements