cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T3i

calilove27
Contributor
So I think I'm almost about done on making a decision to buy a T3i (body only) rather than a T5i because I want a good quality lens. Majority of the pictures I take are landscape photos. Nature, sometimes sports, and a little bit of portraits. What I need help on is which lens would be perfect for me to purchase?
I wish to get the 24-70 L, but that's a little too pricey for me. I prefer something under $1000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

From exactly what you indicated in your query, the 24-105mm f4 L is the lens for you, It is the best buy, bang for the buck, lens Canon has.  If you can find a white box version, you can get it for $650-$750.  An it is an "L" model. Smiley Happy

If there are no white box version, which are identical with the exact same warranty from Canon, the lens sells in the

$1100-$1150 range.

It will not be quite as wide for your landscapes and not quite a long for your sports but it is the best compromise for both.

It will be great for portraits and general use. It  is reasonably fast at f4 and remains constant.

Of course no one lens is going to do everything, "best".

Avoid cheap off-brand lenses. Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

From exactly what you indicated in your query, the 24-105mm f4 L is the lens for you, It is the best buy, bang for the buck, lens Canon has.  If you can find a white box version, you can get it for $650-$750.  An it is an "L" model. Smiley Happy

If there are no white box version, which are identical with the exact same warranty from Canon, the lens sells in the

$1100-$1150 range.

It will not be quite as wide for your landscapes and not quite a long for your sports but it is the best compromise for both.

It will be great for portraits and general use. It  is reasonably fast at f4 and remains constant.

Of course no one lens is going to do everything, "best".

Avoid cheap off-brand lenses. Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements