cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6d 50mm f1.8 stm error 01

RichardAng333_
Apprentice

My camera is canon 6d use 50mm f1.8 stm sometime show error 01 something can use what Promblem

Lens is new

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Error 01 is a lens communication failure.  If this only happens with one lens, I would return it.  If this is happening with more than one lens, I would inspect the gold contacts in the camera and make sure they are free of debris or dirt.  

Ensure you are using OEM Canon batteries and memory cards of known good quality purchased from a reputable source.  It might also be wise to reset the camera's main and custom settings to defaults for further testing.  If the behavior continues with multiple lenses, I would consider sending the camera to Canon for inspection.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I want to ask you something🙏 Now i try recond video can photo cannot what Promblem 

RichardAng333_
Apprentice

Sometime can sometime anything no work

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I would inspect the gold contacts in the camera and make sure they are free of debris or dirt."

This rarely to never works or even helps but it is the only thing you can do yourself. Get a q-tip and some alcohol and rub gently both the lens and the camera contacts. If this doesn't help and I suspect it won't you need to send both lens and camera in for service.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Ernie,

I didn't say wipe.  Just visually inspect.  😎

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I didn't say wipe.  Just visually inspect."

OK? 🤔

Repeated your advice and extended it. At this point to further extend the visual inspect, an almost useless q-tip cleaning is about the only step a novice can take. The OP may be one of the lucky ones where it did the trick. The battery and/or SD are very much not likely the problem either. Cameras or lenses or anything made by the hand of man will eventually fail and this may simply be the case here. Its broken.

Resetting the camera to factory is always step one.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements