cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 60D Kit Lense replacment

richken
Apprentice

Hi,

I am shooting with a Canon 60D with the kit lense but need an upgrade that will provide me with greater flexibility and sharper images. I mainly photograph weddings. What would you recomend? Price is a factor!

Richken

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

Weddings are paid work, and the people paying expect great images so if you're serious you'll need great glass. Popular lenses for wedding work are the 24-70 f2.8 L, 16-35 f2.8 L 70-200 f2.8 L IS & the 100-400 L IS. There are a few primes that are popular too but most are L series so do the homework, make the investment & claim the costs as necessary expenses on your taxes.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

As a general upgrade for the 18-55 kit lens, look at the 17-55, 15-85, and for wide angles the 10-22.

But for serious paid weddings, you really should be investing in a FF body with fast sharp lens.

The 50/1.8 is the cheapest way to get sharp images but may not be good for group pics indoors. But if you get paid to do weddings then better get a high-quality zoom because you need the flexibility in order not to lose the decisive moments and not lose your concentration by trying to zoom with your feet.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements