cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera upgrade recommendations from EOS Rebel T3

Zeke2
Contributor

Does anyone know of a camera that will work with my lenses used on my canon camera eos rebel t3 that has pretty much the same specs as the canon 90d with its amazing sharpness and shutter speed but not so dang expensive while being new as I don’t tend to buy used. Maybe something under $800 or at $800?

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I recommend the R50 with a Canon EF/RF mount adapter.  Canon offers an online refurbished. Store.  Items come with full one year factory warranties.  Keep your eyes open for what you want comes back into stock.

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/cameras/refurbished-cameras 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Canon has new R50 bodies in stock, with or without the kit lens.  You would still need the mount adapter to use your existing ER/WF-S mount lenses.

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/eos-r50-rf-s18-45mm-f4-5-6-3-is-stm-lens-kit?color=Black&type=New 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... your existing ER/WF-S mount lenses."

Early morning typos? 😊 EF/EF-S mount lenses.

The EOS R50 is essentially designed as an RF-mount equivalent of the EF-M-mount EOS M50. Personally, I never bought and wouldn't buy an M50, similarly I would not buy the R50 although I do believe it best to go R series if possible at this point. However, that said I would still prefer the 90D over the R50. The fact is and always is, all modern digital cameras make good to great photos.  Makes it almost  impossible to go wrong with any model. Now almost before the ink dries on the page somebody is going to come along and say how old the 90D is but that has nothing to do with its ability to make fantastic images.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"... your existing ER/WF-S mount lenses."

Early morning typos? 😊 EF/EF-S mount lenses.

The EOS R50 is essentially designed as an RF-mount equivalent of the EF-M-mount EOS M50..

More like steaks on the grill.  The R100 is the body you’re thinking of.  It has the same 24MP image sensor used in the M series bodies and the same DIGIC 8 processor.

The R50 has the DIGIC X processor and a more advanced  DP AF II image sensor.

The 90D is a great camera.  But it is at least 50% over the $800 budget.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"The 90D is a great camera.  But it is at least 50% over the $800 budget."

You certainly have a point that's hard to get over. I just never bought or even liked the lower end mirrorless like the M series and that is carrying over to the R line. Only going to recommend options based on my own experience. Right or wrong it is just one road of many.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"The 90D is a great camera.  But it is at least 50% over the $800 budget."

You certainly have a point that's hard to get over. I just never bought or even liked the lower end mirrorless like the M series and that is carrying over to the R line. Only going to recommend options based on my own experience. Right or wrong it is just one road of many.

Visit a camera shop and test an R series body.  The new Digic X processor combined with the new Dual Pixel AF II image sensor just might surprise you.  Even an R50 or R10.

Mike79
Contributor

I recently bought a Canon R10 mirrorless camera, and I've gotten into macro photography. For it (and to fit my T-3 or 7D Mark II) I bought a highly rated yet relatively inexpensive Tokina ATX-i f2.8 100mm FF Macro lens with a Canon EF mount. This lens can be used for a lot more than macro, and it's great as a portrait or wildlife lens as well. A 100mm lens attached to a APSC  becomes, effectively, a 160mm lens.

So, I can use the lens directly on my DSLRs, or with an EF-EOS R adapter, on my R10.

Hope this helps.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements