cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10 will not detect my printer, pixma mx 479, any help would be appreciated

rogerchitwood
Contributor

9 REPLIES 9

Danny

Hi, rogerchitwood!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know whether your printer and computer are communicating wirelessly (Wi-Fi) or by way of a USB cable. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

using usb cable, done the free upgrade from 8.1 to 10, ever since the upgrade can not get the windows to detect the printer, I tried the lastest drivers but while installing the drivers windows just wouldn't detect the printer

Hi rogerchitwood,

As I understand, your PC is not able to detect your printer via USB cable.

Assuming your USB port on your PC is functioning, kindly disconnect the printer USB cable and try the following below.

1) Uninstall your current printer driver

2) Download and install the printer driver

3) Connect the USB cable

4) Perform a print

1) Uninstall your current printer driver

a) Go to "Control Panel" 

b) Select "Uninstall a program"

c) Locate driver and uninstall

2) Download and install the printer driver

a) Download the driver

(Windows 10 32x/64x)

http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents/AU/EN/0100571501.html

b) Run the installation

* ENSURE THAT YOUR USB CABLE IS NOT CONNECTED UNTIL PROMPT

c) Select "USB cable Connection"

d) Once prompt to connect, connect your USB cable.

* If you have connected and the printer is not detected, kindly try connecting to a different USB port.

e) Complete the installation

3) Perform a print

- Once you have completed the installation, kindly perform a test print to determine the success of your installation.

If you are prompt with any error during the steps above, kindly share with us.

Hope it helps,

Best Regards,

KahVeen

Still doesn't detect the printer with antivirus and firewall disabled

Hi rogerchitwood,

Do you happen to have another USB cable that you can use to connect the printer to your computer?  If so, if you use that cable, is the printer detected successfully?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi

I have exactly the same problem with my PIXMA Pro9500 MKII printer.

I tried to install the latetst Windows 10 driver from Canon on 2 different computers, 1 clean install win 10, 1 updated from win 7.

In bothe xcases, the usb-attached printer is not detected and the installation has to be aborted.

Does anybody have an explanation/solution for this problem?

Matty

it is not really time sensitive but any help would be appreciated

thank you

I am using a usb cable, not wireless

Ramona
Authority

Hi rogerchitwood,

If you have any antivirus or firewall software on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to reinstall the printer using the latest drivers from the Canon USA website here.  Once the printer is detected and installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.  If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements