cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer MP210, Windows 11 Home 64-bit version

Kyle5
Apprentice

hello,

I have a new Laptop, Windows 11 Home 64-bit version. The old laptop was 64-bit Windows 10. I have misplaced the original CD with all the software for the printer (mea culpa).  Windows 11 doesn't list the printer.  I thought a driver was needed, but the cannon site https://www.bing.com/search?q=canon+mp210+printer+driver+windows+10&form=ANNTH1&refig=ac9f513cc6d947...

Indicates: "Canon will not issue drivers for this model to support the Windows 10 operating system. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 drivers should function in the Windows 10 environment with some limitations which are currently unknown to Canon."

So, questions:

1) What do I need to do to get the MP210 printing under Windows 11 Home 64-bit version?  I thought a driver was needed, but the Canon site indicates no drivers are necessary under Windows.

2) Where can I download the software included in the original CD, included with the MP210?

3) The software in the CD included a scanner software. where can I find/download it?

Thank you kindly for any help,

Kyle5

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This printer is 15 or more years old and is end of life.

The support portal states that Canon is no longer developing drivers.  Windows 8.1 drivers are the last available drivers written for the device.  These drivers (could) may work with Windows 11, but with some limitations.  (Which are unknown).  The CD that came with the printer contains whatever was the latest driver at the time of publication.  Depending on when it was created and purchased, the best it might have are drivers for windows 8.1.

Your choices are limited:

Try the Windows 8.1 drivers available from the support portal. 

Drivers tab for print drivers, Software tab for MP Navigator EX (Scanning)

These are the last drivers written for this device.  They were released in 2014.  

Can't say what will or won't work, or if the software will even install under W11.

Support | MP Series | PIXMA MP210 | Canon USA

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements