Did you mean: 

pixma mp560 windows 8.1 scanner network issues

vsndesigns
Apprentice

I get the following error messege:  

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:

-Scanner is turned off

-Scanner is disconnected

(It is disconnected from LAN, if using on LAN)

Please check and try again.

Scanner driver will be closed.

Code:5,145,55

I can print.  I downloaded the latest driver.  I am trying to print from a networked printer that is a DSL wired connection.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, vsndesigns!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny,

I have a slave computer (HP Pavillion) which runs Windows XP, and a master computer which runs Windows 8.1 (Dell  XPS8500).  The Canon Pixma MP560 ALL-IN-ONE Printer is directly connected to the slave computer (HP).  They are connected to the same home network and I can print from the Dell computer just fine.  I downloaded the most current drivers and software from your site which includes the installation of Canon MP Navigator.  HINT:  I run into difficulties when I reach the part of the installation of the driver when it asks for connection type (wireless Lan or USB).  

Victor 

To whom it may concern,

No, I haven't resolved this issue yet.  It would be nice to use the Canon Pixma MP560 as a NETWORK scanner.  We have worked around the issue by using the slave computer to scan directly to mapped network drive where all the other computers on the network can have access to the newly scanned item.  It still requires each of the users to scan using only the slave computer and not their own computer.

Hello vsndesigns,

Your topic recently received a reply.

Topic: pixma mp560 windows 8.1 scanner network issues 
Date: Thu Mar 20 19:54:50 PDT 2014

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

To manage your subscriptions or to change your subscription options, click here.

If this link doesn't work:

1. Log on to the Canon Forum.
  2. Click My Settings.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save.

Thanks for being a Canon Forum member.

Your Canon Forum Team

Announcements