cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mg3520 not connecting

braven74
Apprentice

i just bought this pixma mg3520 and tried connecting it. did everything it told me to do. but when it gets to the turn on machine part, it doesnt work. i turn it on. says it is on. but my computer is not registering it. so i unplugged everything redid everything and in the same spot it wont work. so i went to update the firmware doing everything it said to do and again as soon as i turn it on ... nothing.  i even unplugged the printer and held the stop button as i plugged it back in and got the alarm to blink. but as soon as i push the on button the light comes on but still is not connecting to the computer. but during all this when i unplug the printer the computer dings like im unplugging something. help.

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi, braven74!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. Also, is the alarm flashing a certain number of times before temporarily pausing, or is it simply alternating between the alarm and ON lights?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Oops... Windows 10 and USB connection. The alarm light just continues blinking until I press power. Then again nothing.  I believe I will go exchange it for another one. As this was the display it might have been damaged.

Hello.

If an error has occurred, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements