cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma iP100 mobile printer chromebook compatible?

christheguy
Apprentice

Trying to print with USB cable, but after chromebook identifies the correct printer it isn't able to add it.

Just looking for definitive answer on whether or not I can USB print to my printer?

thanks.

c

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi christheguy,

Because the PIXMA iP100 does not have wireless capabilities, it is not supported with Google Cloud Print, which Chromebooks use to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I understand cloud print, but was asking about USB printing, with physical cable.

Can I usb print with this printer?

Hi christheguy,

Printing from a Chromebook with the PIXMA iP100 is not supported.

To use your PIXMA iP100 with your Chromebook, it must first be installed on a Windows or Mac computer.

To print from your Chromebook, it must be set up as a Classic Printer on the computer you just installed it on so your PIXMA iP100 can use Google Cloud Print with your Chromebook.  To do this, please follow the steps for connecting a Classic Printer from Google's web site:

https://support.google.com/cloudprint/answer/1686197?hl=en

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements