override ink levels

stuart7491
Apprentice

How do I overide the ink levels on a mx 452. I refill my ink. Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi stuart7491,

The printer will automatically detect the updated ink levels when new ink cartridges have been installed; there is not a way to manually adjust the ink levels of the printer.  Please note, we cannot guarantee that the ink levels of refilled ink tanks will be detected by the printer; should the ink cartridge or levels not be recognized, we recommend replacing the ink with a Canon genuine ink cartridge.

If you are receiving a low ink warning, you may be able to disable the ink level detection function of the printer and be able to print.  To disable the ink level detection, please press and hold down the STOP/RESET or RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer for at least 7 seconds, then release it. You will need to do this procedure for each ink cartridge that is low or out of ink. Once you replace the ink cartridge with a Canon genuine ink cartridge, the ink level detection function of the printer will be re-enabled.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi stuart7491,

The printer will automatically detect the updated ink levels when new ink cartridges have been installed; there is not a way to manually adjust the ink levels of the printer.  Please note, we cannot guarantee that the ink levels of refilled ink tanks will be detected by the printer; should the ink cartridge or levels not be recognized, we recommend replacing the ink with a Canon genuine ink cartridge.

If you are receiving a low ink warning, you may be able to disable the ink level detection function of the printer and be able to print.  To disable the ink level detection, please press and hold down the STOP/RESET or RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer for at least 7 seconds, then release it. You will need to do this procedure for each ink cartridge that is low or out of ink. Once you replace the ink cartridge with a Canon genuine ink cartridge, the ink level detection function of the printer will be re-enabled.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

stuart7491
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, yes override is what I was looking for. The majority of printing that has been down has not been whole pages, so I know the true ink level is not what it is indicating. Prior experience has taught me that.

Announcements