cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 with new print head blocks overnight

wdsam
Contributor

My newly acquired mx922 requires removing the printhead and cleaning after every days printing....I have a new printhead, worked great when first used, overnight bad blocking, removed printhead, cleaned, good results, printed project and then again overnight bad blocking and nothing printed...I am using the same ink cartridges that I have been using for years in my other mx922 with no problem.  Is there a procedure the printer is supposed to do that it apparently is not doing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It sounds like you have acquired someone else's problem. There is no magic fix.

I would recommend using Canon inks.  Using other brands can result in unexpected behavior.  You may have a defective device, and it may not work correctly no matter what ink you use.

If cleaning restores print quality then clogs again over night, its probably not an ink problem. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I would recommend using Canon inks.  Using other brands can result in unexpected behavior.  You may have a defective device, and it may not work correctly no matter what ink you use.

If cleaning restores print quality then clogs again over night, its probably not an ink problem. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your response and it does verify what I was thinking.  Whenever the printer is needed to print the greeting cards project, I take the printer head out and run windex through it to clean it oot good and it then works great but when done it will quickly clog and  so I will have to just keep on with it as I have been doing.  I have another unit that has been working great for three years.

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

I would like to know where the problem lies, when the unit does the deep cleaning where does the excess ink go....on the epson printer there is an exit for the excess ink to flow through a tube into a receptacle outside the printer so that the sponges will not get the excess.  Is there a breakdown manual for the mx922?  I know there is a video of breaking it down, but not a lot of info to go with it like where the absorbing material is.

Announcements