cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx 922/b200

kwc
Contributor

I too have the b200 error, and have tried most of the forum and u-tube tricks to get it going. I must have the Cleanest  print head in the USA. Where is the source document that says B200 is a print head error ? Cannon is verry stingy with service info.  

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART176749&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART172351&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

Both of which point to the same KB article.

Description
Error code B200 (or related errors B201 / B202 / B203 / B204 / B205 / B206 / B207) generally means that print head communication has failed and that your printer will require service or replacement. 

Solution

Unfortunately, there is no solution to this error.  Your printer will require service or replacement.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports: Thanks Rick. I found the second source, but it was a short version advising to send it in for repair. With new mx922 going for $400. +or -  $50. I guess I'm going shopping

over the past few years I have always been able to circumvent the B200 error with the techniques here and elsewhere but might have taken multiple attempts.
This time I have not been able to clear the error after about two dozen attempts and different combination of techniques.

When the B200 occured this time I was low on colored ink so I switched all three colors to a freshly refilled set. Three prints in a row came out sepia colored. I put the other three colors back in and got a great print. I took the three back to have them flushed and filled for free and had the other set filled too. I have had the B200 ever since. I just swaped all five inks and still have the B200.  Seems that the B200 is a refill issue at this point. What ever the cause, printer is junk to me now.

NeedaFix
Contributor

I also want to say that that once the print command is sent and the printer starts processing the job and just about when you think the print should start coming out is when the B200 shows up. Again all that wasted time. If it has a B200 error we should not even be able to send it a print job.  I got B200, your not allowed to print. really frustrating. The print head does not communicate with what? I had a great photo print before I change the ink one last time.

Thanks Needafix. I wish canon could provide a real service manual so that we consumers might have a chance at getting printing again. I wonder if canon has a real manual available to the printer repair shops? Or have the shops just become staffed with "remove and replace" mechanics ?  I did buy a canon tr4520in order to keep printing , but it is nowhere near the machine the mx 922 is.

Announcements