cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mg5420 how to use auto duplex copy

annechung
Apprentice

I bought the 5420 just for the duplex copy but I don't know how to use that function. I'm into desktop publishing.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi annechung,

To duplex copy with your PIXMA MG5420, please view this page from the PIXMA MG5420's manual:

Two-Sided Copying

When you select 2-sided for 2-sidedPrintSetting in Standard copy, you can copy two original pages onto the both sides of a single sheet of paper.

figure: LCD

Press the right Function button to select the stapling side.

• When Portrait is selected for Orientation

Long-side stapling

Short-side stapling

• When Landscp. is selected for Orientation

Long-side stapling

Short-side stapling

After selecting the stapling side and press the OK button, you can select whether you use the preview screen. If you select ON, the preview screen is displayed so that you can check the orientation.

When checking the orientation:

When you are using the preview screen, the screen below is displayed so that you can check the orientation.

1. Rotate

If you press the right Function button, the original rotates by 180 degrees.

2. Rescan

If you press the left Function button, the original is rescanned.

Press the OK button to start scanning.

When scanning is finished:

The Document setting screen appears on the LCD after scanning each sheet of original.

Remove the sheet of original from the platen glass after scanning and load the next sheet on the platen glass, then press the OK button.

For further assistance, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements