cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip7220 will not print

kevinh
Contributor

Here's an apparently unsolvable problem with an ip7220 inkjet printer. It's  operating on Windows 10 through an USB cable.

When printing a series of photos, the printer signaled it was out of paper. I refilled the paper tray, after which the printer turned out only blank pages. No changes were made to the printer other than refilling the bottom paper tray.

Since the problem developed, here's what I've done:

Rebooted the PC.

Removed and reinstalled driver software from both the original CD and the Canon USA web site.

Power cycled the printer.

Switched the USB port being used by the printer.

Removed and reseated the print cartridges.

Tried printing from ther upper and lower paper trays.

Tried the Windows 10 print troubleshooter.

Nothing made any difference. All attempts to print, whether from the regular connection or  XPS connection, produced only blank pages.

Searching this support forum for solutions to similar problems led to the conclusion that no one knows the cause of the problem and there will be no help available.

That being the case, rather than ask for help, I'll ask  if there  are any ressonably priced photo printers  from Canon or other manufacturers that can replace the apparently unfixable ip7220.

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hi, kevinh!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature,click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

I already did that. There are no support options listed. What now?

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Lets start by printing a nozzle check pattern.  Visit THIS LINK for details on how to print this sample.  Let us know if it comes out correctly, if any particular colors are missing, or if it comes out completely blank.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Would not print a nozzle check sheet.

All attempts to print yield blanks.

Tried  switching print heads and one head would not work. A replacement head has been ordered.

Interesting to note the Canon USA web site has been down for a couple  of days. Maybe more is going wrong than anyone will admit.

Hi kevinh,

If replacing the printhead does not get your iP7220 to print correctly, your iP7220 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements