cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon ts9120 support code 6004

blalockimaging
Apprentice

Have used the TS9120 satisfactorily for several years. Ran out of ink during a print run at the end of the day. I turned off the printer without canceling the print job.  After restarting computer and printer the next day I installed a new ink cartridge when the error code 6004 popped up.  I've tried over several day so correct this - there is nothing in the printer but I keep getting the same message. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver with no sucess.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shahryar
Apprentice

I just fixed my uncle's Canon TS5120 printer which had the support code 6004 error. It was hard to see at first but there was some paper caught up in the roller. The troubleshooting I was seeing was just mentioning checking the scanner tray, nothing about the rollers where the ink cartridges sit. I took out the paper with scissors and now the printer seems to be working.

Paper stuck in Canon TS5210.jpg

PXL_20211007_014827526.jpg

PXL_20211007_014830764.jpg

PXL_20211007_015158808.jpg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please unplug the power from the unit.  While unplugged, check for any obstructions in the rear cover area.  Visit THIS LINK for details.  If no obstructions are found, visit THIS LINK for details on how to check for obstructions in the front area of the printer.

If the error persists, please consider contacting our phone support group at 1-800-652-2666 for additional assistance with this matter.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No jams it just can't move the carraige where it needs to go. I never had a jam. This just started and I have new ink, all six of them.

GeorgiaB
Apprentice

I heard clinking noise right after printing single sheet was completed. Error 6004 - paper jam... I viewed and followed the excellent Canon trouble shooting videos, but not a scrap of paper to be found anywhere in the printer. 

..Now to wait until the tech support opens Monday at 8 AM to find out what the options are for my printer which is less than 5 months old, with very light duty. 

Hi GeorgiaB,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Did Canon help you with this 6004 on TS9120? I had the same issue .Fine machine and now that carriage won't position correctly it is a door stop, and I just bought all six new inks tanks!!

See my reply to the other person. It is broken!!!

srobe1
Contributor
I have the same issue with no paper jams. Just happened and carraige won't set properly. I think Canon just wants us to send to them for repair. Not worth it.

srobe1
Contributor
Same thing for me. No jams but I guess Canon wants to charge me to repair it. The same out of date printer now sells on Amazon for 8 times the price. Go figure!!

srobe1
Contributor

Yeah me too. I did get through to a lady at Tech Support. She diagnosed problem (6004) as a broken machine. She put me in tough with sales and they sold me a TR8160 with 10% off their retail price, plus tax and free shipping. I compared it to Amazon and they had it for Canon's reail price of $179.99, Oh boy. Waitig for the newer one to come in. Good luck. Looks like a door stop issue, unfortunately. Better if you are under warranty I suspect. My printer wasn't even 1.5 yr old. Shame.

Oh and save your ink because if you do get the TR8620 it uses the same ink, (5 tanks) less the PB. So you will have an extra!

Announcements